Joint Practice Development Events - complete programme
We offer a range of joint practice development opportunities.
- Joint INSET days focusing on subjects such as assessment and the changes that are being implemented this year;
- Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators meet regularly to progress their areas of responsibility;
- As part of our INSET days, our Early Years Foundation Stage colleagues all work closely together;
- Our team of Hub Improvement Leads are currently running a Middle Leader development programme;
- We are beginning to build strong links with our Teaching School colleagues within Wiltshire and Dorset - see the work of one of them by clicking here.
- Visits to Teaching Schools and our partner trust in Gloucestershire;
- Focused school improvement work and bespoke training through our Teaching School links;
- Placements for trainee teachers through our partnership with Bath Spa University.
Through our links with the Diocesan Board of Education we have access to their wonderful training facilities. If you would like to find out more about these facilities then please click here.
Apple Regional Training Centre North Wiltshire
Providing the highest quality training in order to support teachers with the innovative use of mobile technology.
North Wiltshire RTC is an accredited Apple training centre provide regular, FREE CPD for using Apple technology in the classroom.
All our courses are free to attend and can be booked via our website.
Our courses for the coming academic year are as follows –
- Friday 19th October – 9:30 – 3:30pm – The Big Launch. Join us for a full day of free training focusing on how to maximise your investment in iPad. We will also share many of the free resources accessible to your staff to support them on their iPad journey.
- Wednesday 21st November 2018 – 4pm – 5:30pm – New to iPad? This is the session for you. You’ll leave this session with plenty of ideas and confidence to use this ground-breaking technology!
- Wednesday 12th December 2018 – 4pm – 5:30pm - Lights! Camera! Action! Inspiring creativity through movie making using iMovie. Get hands on with this incredible and FREE app.
- Wednesday 16th January 2019 – 4pm – 5:30pm - Coffee and Creativity. See how in just a few minutes you can create professional writing resources to get your children inspired and bursting to write!
- Tuesday 5th February 2019 – 4pm – 5:30pm – Get ‘in-tune’ with your creativity by using GarageBand! Develop your pupils’ confidence and ‘X-factor’ and see how this resource can be used across all areas of the curriculum!
- Tuesday 12th March 2019 – 4pm – 6:00pm – Everyone can create! Get hands on with Keynote and transform your lesson resources whilst empowering all pupils to express themselves.
- Thursday 4th April 2019 – 4pm – 5:30pm – SCITT training for RWBA
In each session there will be input, as well as time for teachers to discuss their own practice, share their knowledge and develop next steps, all based upon the EEF Metacognition and Self Regulation Research document. There will be an expectation that following each session, teachers take away a 'strand' that they will establish, embed and develop in their own practice; based on the premise that at the next session the impact of this will be shared and grown further.
It would be most beneficial for HLTAs to attend this training together with Teachers. The approach can then be disseminated further within schools.
Session 1: Why are we thinking about metacognition?
Session 2: What do we want our children to be, to have, to do, to think?
Future sessions will be tailored to the needs and next steps of the participants.