What is included?
All DSAT academies will benefit from:
- The oversight of the main Trust Board, who take the legal and statutory responsibility for the Trust and its academies
- Support and guidance through the conversion process
- Transition support for the move from maintained to academy governance
- Negotiation in respect of the agreement of the Scheme of Delegation
- Legal advice and support as required
- HR support for issues related to staff performance and other matters
- Leadership of the Headteacher’s appraisal process
- On-going Academy Improvement support for the school (see separate guidance).
- Access to the Trust's in-house governance and administration colleagues
- Membership of the National Governors’ Association, including training package – a regular source of information and guidance; membership also provides access to a range of online, free and reduced tariff training events.
- Regular Chairs’ meetings with the Chair of the Trust Board
- Access to Trust email addresses, Sharepoint and website
- Annual Trust-wide information and training events
- Use of the Trust's agreed policy framework
What is not included?
Access to local training and development opportunities – for example, Academy Governors have the option of continuing to buy into Governor Development Services still provided by local authorities
We are constantly reviewing our services to and relationships with our Academy Governors and welcome feedback.