What is included?
All DSAT academies will benefit from:
- The oversight of the main Trust Board, who take the legal and statutory responsibility for the Trust and its academies
- Support and guidance through the conversion process
- Transition support for the move from Governing Body to Local Governing Board
- Negotiation in respect of the agreement of the Scheme of Delegation
- Legal advice and support as required
- HR support for issues related to staff performance and other matters
- Input into the Headteacher’s appraisal from the Chief Executive.
- On-going Academy Improvement support for the school (see separate guidance).
- Subsidised membership of the National Governors’ Association (free in the first year) – a regular source of information and guidance; membership also provides access to a range of free and reduced tariff training events.
- Regular Chairs’ meetings with the Chair of the Trust Board
- Access to Trust email addresses, Sharepoint and website
- Annual Trust-wide information and training events
What is not included?
Access to local training and development opportunities – for example, Local Governing Boards have the option of continuing to buy into Governor Development Services still provided by local authorities
We are constantly reviewing our services to and relationships with our Local Governing Boards and welcome feedback.