Health & Safety
What is included?
All DSAT academies will benefit from:
- Access to advice, guidance and support via e-mail and telephone from a team of qualified health and safety advisers
- A full health and safety audit with a report and action plan (if not carried out within the last year) or an annual review, monitoring or inspection visit.
- Online access to the Health & Safety reports via 'antsafety.net'
- Support visit to assist the educational establishments to manage health and safety risks in areas such as risk assessment reviews, swimming pools, any other 'bespoke' support
- Access to health and safety policies, guidance, checklists and model risk assessments
- Support with accident/incident management including processing accident reports, producing statistics, accident investigation and liaison with the Health and Safety Executive where required.
- Access to display screen equipment assessment, including appropriate advice, recommendations and action plan
- Full membership of the Consortium of Local Education Authorities for the Provision of Science Services (CLEAPSS). Any academy joining CLEAPSS as part of this Health & Safety service will be charged 50% less than if they were to join directly with CLEAPSS
- Free training allowance (within annual charge) of between £400 and £650 depending on the size of the academy. This allowance can be used to purchase training in any combination at reduced prices
- A full Educational Visits service through an online system
- Complete guidance and access to all relevant documents on Educational Visits including any approval as required
What is not included?
- Maintaining property asbestos register, managing asbestos removal and providing emergency advice
- Providing advice on water hygiene (legionella prevention) and managing works
- Fire safety risk assessments, advice and managing works
- Radon gas advice and management
- Accessibility audits (DDA) and advice
- Display Energy and Energy Performance Certificates and advice
- Property related corporate compliance advice and management
- Electrical testing and inspection
- Any other engineering maintenance work
We may be able to support and broker any of the above items that are not included but there may be a charge for doing so.